Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1109
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello. I am hoping the community can help with this as I cannot find a diagnostic/specs for my motherboard anywhere.  What is the difference between the various SATA ports on my motherboard? SATA0 may for boot as it is colored red, but SATA1 and SATA2 each have other colors (Blue, black?) and I wonder if this relates to throughput speed.  

I appreciate any insight that any of you can offer!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hp, hardly gives this type of information anymore
port zero, must be used, in priority when using a system hdd
there is often a port or two, more or less fast, but I think more rare with new computers
I tried, some software, but not very convincing, because it will only give the information if the disk is in place
like with intel app
I hadn't found anything reliable that could demonstrate the port speed directly

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/OMEN-Desktop-900-2xx-Upgrades/m...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.  Quite frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a way to get more definitive info from HP about these motherboards and the SATA port specs.

Regardless, this is helpful, and I appreciate your insights on this ! 

HP Recommended

😉

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.