Post new question
Message 1 of 3 (211 Views)

SSD + HD? OMEN 870-135VX

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I ordered the Omen 870-135vx, specs say it comes with "256 SSD + 2tb HD".   I got two different answer when calling HP as to if its 2 separate drives or one hybrid.   Anyone out there this computer?

I do alot of 3D architectural rendering on my current PC which points to thousands of textures located in organized folders on the C: drive.  If the new SSD is now the C drive it will be way to small.   Moving these textures to another drive letter will break the file and I would have to manually relink hundreds of files.  Can anyone tell me of the SSD drive that comes with this computer is used as the C drive?  Or is it used as just start up cache? 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (172 Views)

Re: SSD + HD? OMEN 870-135VX

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in understanding the hard drive specifications of the PC. I will definitely help you.

As you have checked, the PC has 2 hard drives of which the SSD is programmed for the operating system and the 2 TB hard drive is for storage.

It’s your convenience to which you can use both of them for your custom needs.

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 3 (162 Views)

Re: SSD + HD? OMEN 870-135VX

They are 2 different drives. SSD being the main drive. Might want to cancel that order if you want a bigger ssd drive as the main one. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation