Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 690-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm just wondering if the M.2 SSD in this computer is running SATA or NVMe?  The will obviosly be a big differance in performance depending on which it is.  The HP docs page says it it a NVMe drive, but Best Buys webside says it uses a SATA interface.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@viperspeed99,

I say it is a 128 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State device. Why not look?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@viperspeed99 

It has 128 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State pre-installed with 1TB of 7200RPM normal HDD. Irs specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06124757

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

and you belive HP who made it....or Bestbuy who sells it?

its a definately NVME drive

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

You would think so, right?  Except I went to Best Buy last night and right on the side of the box from HP it clearly states 128GB SATA Solid State Drive.

I'm not sure what to believe now, even HP is contridicting itself.  Is there a way to look at settings on the floor display to tell?

HP Recommended

Some motherboard makers...and I am not talking about HP now....make the M2 slot to support both standards...NVME and SATA...and you can change the way it operated from BIOS....

From the specs its definately NVME slot you have there....and my 2 other coleagues also said the same thing....

But since you dont belive...if you have access to that computer...just download AIDA64...unzipped it to a Flash Drive...and go with the flash drive at the store insert it in computer...open the program...

Expand STORAGE--> ATA tab...and it will show what type is it....

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

@viperspeed99,

I seriously doubt you can freely run a flash drive program without permission.

There is only a few choices. 

1) Blind faith.   Maybe not a good suggestion ?  ( I was adding humor).

2) Believing in HP.   But HP does make errors in product descriptions and labeling.

3) Believing in BestBuy.  Been there, been disappointed with their statements.

4) Customer questions and answers page  state it is a M.2 SSD   It was question # 2 of 89.

5) Showing a copy of this commentary.  Ask a store manager to open the side panel.

@Grizzlys2k 

Not a fan of programs (AIDA64)  that evoke cookies, force email registration, and have several legalize PDF files.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Wb2001 Nobody forces you to register by email with AIDA...I am using the zip program for more tahn 15 years....

Then use Hwinfo...or any other utility

Mike
HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe it is a SATA3 SSD

https://pcb.itcs.hp.com/api/catalogs/us-en/nodes/22909892/cnet

https://pcb.itcs.hp.com/api/catalogs/us-en/nodes/22909892/flixmedia

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.