Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-105nl (2PT57EA#ABZ)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please I would know which is the best choice and kind of SSD I should buy and mount in my PC...

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The Basswood motherboard in your desktop PC has an M.2 SSD slot. That is where you should install an M.2 SSD • PCIE NVME GEN 3 SSD with as high a storage capacity that you can afford. Use the M.2 SSD as the boot disk.

Compatible SSD products:M.2 SSD • PCIE NVME GEN 3 SSD   and  2.5-INCH INTERNAL SSD • SATA 6.0GB/S

https://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/pavilion-power-580-105nl

basswood.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

In the link you gave me I see :

Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD CT1000P1SSD8

that supports full speed of 2,000 MB/S READ, 1,700 MB/S WRITE.

Do you think my computer will be able to take advantage of the full speed of 2,000 MB/S READ, 1,700 MB/S WRITE or will it stop before at 500mb for compatibility reasons? 

HP Recommended

Are these modules compatible with my PC ?

Kingston KC200 NVMe PCIe SSD  (3.200/2.200 MB/s)

or

Samsung MZ-V7S1T0 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB, NVMe M.2 (3.500/3.200 MB/s)

that cost more and have faster performance or are there limits in my Basswood motherboard?

Thank you

HP Recommended

@paolo8 wrote:

Are these modules compatible with my PC ?

Kingston KC200 NVMe PCIe SSD  (3.200/2.200 MB/s)

or

Samsung MZ-V7S1T0 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB, NVMe M.2 (3.500/3.200 MB/s)

that cost more and have faster performance or are there limits in my Basswood motherboard?

Thank you

Both of those are compatible.  The bus bandwith of the PCIe slot on the motherboard is where the maximum performance will be limited. Every motherboard has those limits, however getting specification data on what the maximum bus speed the slot has from the manufacturer is more than a little difficult. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.