Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP/Compaq 6000 Pro SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a couple of 6000 Pro SFF desktops that I'd like to upgrade with SSD's. I purchased a couple of the ADATA SU630 Ultimate 480GB disks.

I installed the SSD in SATA slot 3 using a spare power connector, the BIOS (HP v2.03A) recognised the new drive and booted from the old HDD. I used AOMEI Pro to system clone the windows 10 OS onto the new SSD. I then removed the HDD and moved the SSD to SATA 0.

When I tried to boot, BIOS said the drive was not a system disk. I reinstalled the HDD and check in Dis Management and sure enough the SSD was system but not bootable.

I then tried to put a clean install of Win10 from CD onto the SSD (after removing the HDD again), but windows installer said the OS couldnt be installed on the SSD as it wasn't a bootable device.

I googled this and got a few results talking about secure boot in bios and turning it off. On the security menu of the 2.03A bios there isn't a secure boot option.

I'm on the verge of returning the SSD's and sadly reverting back to the Seagate HDD.

any ideas ? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have read about the problems with SSD's acting that way.  First I would visit the ADATA site

https://www.adata.com/us/specification/591

Click on the "Download" tab and get the Acronis Disk Migration utility they give you and the ToolBox utility.  Using the Acronis to do the clone and recheck with the ToolBox following the guides that are provided.

If that still does not give you good results, then visit their forums or contact their support staff.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

first off I do not like that brand at all,  try samsung or sandisk,

core 2 old CPU are not fully or supported by w10-64 so did you have that running full on the OLD HDD with zero device

manager errors of any kind, yes quad works newest stepping CPU, done so myself as  test but IGPU driver is limp driver,

Intel Celeron E3200 is worst installed here, many quad best.  9 years old?  came with office 2007 so...

why not fresh install w10 to SSD (correctly)

as clones invites cloning corrupted OS and data and more.

in BIOS set up SSD to boot first then USB 2nd. boot order

the force the usb too boot next using HP F9 boot on the fly hot key.

this tactic prevent 2nd phase , 2nd OS boot to not get locked up in phase 1 install loop.

step 1: is erased the ssd totally, and not have 2 drives(real) in the PC at the same time, or the  installer can  and does get confused.

use the MS< USB stick builder from MS , now not old ISO used the current MS builder not old. (no CD or DVD needed)

step 2 boot the USB stick from MS builder.

step3: erase all you see there and then SIMPLY click NEXT and the installer does it all sure turn of secureboot in BIOS if seen.

do all the steps. 27 steps all .

I too think 2007-2009 old core 2 PCs have no secure boot, but it does have TPM chip and do not turn that on unless working for CIA/DOD,NSA.

the tricky part and wrong, is letting the USB stick boot 2 times, looked up in phase 1 boot loop. remove the stick when the screen says time to reboot the PC, (installer) this is phase 2, and remove the stick and now the install runs off SSD0

for sure. but it must show up in boot order, fails.  Never forget using BOOT ORDER . in BIOS.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Tried those. 

Doing a fresh install from Windows 10 USB/DVD gets to the stage where it shows drive list to install onto, select the SSD, then error message from the installer saying Windows cannot be installed on the selected drive as it is not a bootable device.

The bios shows the SSD in the drive list, but in the boot list it only shows "installed SATA disk" which is first in the list above usb and dvd/cd.

So, not able  to put ssd specifically first in the boot list, just the sata drive, whatever it happens to be.

So the issue is, not that the bios doesnt see it to boot, it just that I cant seem to be able to make the ssd bootable, either by system cloning or fresh windows install.

They are going back and I'm sticking with the HDD, 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.