Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@Richard626

Did you make a USB recovery flash drive by use of the HP Recovery media creator?

Why not use it to run a Factory image recovery on the SSD when it is installed in the AIO PC?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@Richard626

The fact that F2 doesn't even bring up the basic diagnostics that are internally contained in the BIOS is a problem. Even if the SSD doesn't contain the advanced UEFI diagnostics the basic diagnostics should be available.  Use a wired keyboard as wireless may not work at this time. I have experience issues in the past using wireless mouse connections while in the BIOS.

Try F2 after the SSD is removed.  Post back your results.

"Nuc" the SSD on another PC (diskpart --> clean) and also do a Samsung secure erase.  The use the Samsung utilities to check for a firmware update.  Post back your results.

Now again try the USB F2 UEFI diagnostics. Post back your results.

I am not a fan of cloning. There are some that favor cloning and others avoid cloning. I perfer to use the HP recovery media.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks again for your help guys.

I removed the SSD and tried F2. That worked. I could perform a memorytest and that succeeded. Took about 20 minutes. The diskcheck obviously failed (no disk installed) and language is set to Dutch. So no problems there I think.

Will try to erase the SSD next. Don't know exactly what you mean by 'diskpart -> clean'. Don't know how to do a Samsung secure erase also. Am sure I'll figure it out though    😉

Keep you posted!

Best,

Richard

HP Recommended
Having troubles doing the Samsung secure erase with the SSD in the VAIO. It is a laptop. The software won't allow an erase when the SSD is the only disk in the system. According to the manual, if you are using only 1 disk, you should boot from a USB- flash drive to actually perform the erase. I booted it from USB alright, but I can't get the erasure to start..

Am about to give up. This costs me way too much time. And I am not even sure erasing the SSD will work. If it's a voltage problem.. it probably won't. And all this just to run diagnostics? There should be an easier way.

Will try Erico's suggestion (to make an USB recovery drive) next and run a factory image recovery. Hopefully that works. Of course I post my results.

Again, thanks for the help @Big_Dave and @erico

Best, Richard
HP Recommended

There is another method you can try. Reset your SSD  with the Diskpart Utility.  Boot to a USB Windows installer and go to a command prompt.

recov_usb2.png

See the following article.

https://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Reset-Your-SSD-With-Windows-DiskPart/ta-p/176654

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.