Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've done a fresh install of windows 10.

I have placed an SSD in sataO

a hard drive in SATA 1 

Both are seen by the bios and disk manager and work well.

I want to add another 4 disks to Sata 2 - sata 6.

however they are not seen by the bios or by disk manager.

they are seen by the Raid set up and are listed in there are non Raid disks.

If placed in SATA ports 7 then they work so there is no problem with the disks. it just the ports in the SCU that i cannot seam to get to work. i eventually want to use all the sata ports so i want to sort it now if i can,

I've read some other posts here about changing the bios from Raid and ACHI to ACHI.

I've done this, I've also ensured that the internal USB ports are enabled,

Is there anyway i can get these disk to be recognised so i can use them. 

Theryare different sizes so i wanted to use storage spaces with them rather that a hardware raid.

thanks

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Wb2001,

one of the drives had data already on it the other was new,

I re-formatted the new drive using disk managment but this didnt work. neither showed up.

However, i found the cause of the issue. the SAS driver didn't install properly first time around. i acciedently reinstalled it again, wanting to install something else from HP but got the filenames/numbers mixed up. sisnt realise until i was re-installing it that it was the sas driver and when i rebooted the macine hey presto the drive was seen.

thanks for your help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Belcraig,

You did format these via Administrative tools, Computer Management, Disk Management.    Right?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks Wb2001,

one of the drives had data already on it the other was new,

I re-formatted the new drive using disk managment but this didnt work. neither showed up.

However, i found the cause of the issue. the SAS driver didn't install properly first time around. i acciedently reinstalled it again, wanting to install something else from HP but got the filenames/numbers mixed up. sisnt realise until i was re-installing it that it was the sas driver and when i rebooted the macine hey presto the drive was seen.

thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.