Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omni 120-1050xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When PC is idling, the screen turn into red, green, blue, white, black, and every time I need to turn off the machine. It says "the best driver software for your device is already installed" -  Intel HD Graphics. I have tried uninstall, install.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

HP is not supporting your PC when running Win 10.

I suggest you use the "Go Back " process in Win 10 ASAP.

If this is not possible because of your video issues you will have to do an HP Factory Recovery.

I can help you further with this if you desire.

If the upgrade was forced on you there are ways to stop the unintended upgrade.

Let me know if you require additional assistance.

Jay

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Greetings,

HP is not supporting your PC when running Win 10.

I suggest you use the "Go Back " process in Win 10 ASAP.

If this is not possible because of your video issues you will have to do an HP Factory Recovery.

I can help you further with this if you desire.

If the upgrade was forced on you there are ways to stop the unintended upgrade.

Let me know if you require additional assistance.

Jay

HP Recommended

Thank you for your advice. I think I need to try an factory recovery. Wish me a big luck! 

HP Recommended

Hello, Jay,

I've decided that I like to go back to Windows 7, but it's been removed after upgraded to Windows10. Could you please help me how to do HP factory recovery? I thought I've seen the way somewhere, but can't find it. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you create an HP Recovery disc set (three or four DVD discs) ?

Boot to the first disc (DVD) and follow instructions.

You are going to lose data on the Win 10 HDD as the factory recovery process is destructive. You would have to remove the HDD from this PC , install as a data drive in a different PC, and then copy data to the second PC or external media for backup purposes.

You can order an HP recovery disc set here.

Check the build number at the above link to the build number on your PC to verify they agree.

Jay

HP Recommended

I created HP recovery media on flash drive, but it seems not working. I can order recovery disk, but the part of  "removing HDD" totally discourages me. Is making copy of files in an external HD not enogh? Started consider living with this color screen flashing, or purchasing new PC sooner...... Really wish I didn't upgrade to Windows10. 

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi,

What's the problem with the USB stick? Did you do a dry run to verify the USB stick worked prior to this issue?

If you can use Win 10 then backup data now.

Jay

HP Recommended
It doesn't run. I don't know why. I will order recovery kit. Thank you again for your time!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Okay.

I suggest you stop the Win 10 upgrade after reinstalling Win 7 by using this free progam by Steve Gibson.

There is a different issue which may have been resolved. I thought I recently saw something on the Web where Microsoft had fixed this, Not sure if this is factual.

I am giving you the head's up.

Please carefully read this post by Ed Bott.

It will save much time and reduce frustration when installing Win 7 security updates.

Jay

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.