Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hq compaq la2250wg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello all,
My computer won't allow me to rotate my screen to portrait, the short cut keys don't do anything and the display settings for orientation is greyed out (can't select portrait). Earlier it let me do so but now I cannot?
Any help please?
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@H4444n

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an  HP Compaq LA2205wg 22-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor. I read that your computer does not allow to rotate the screen to portrait. The shortcut keys don't do anything and the display settings for orientation is grayed out. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I did some research and found that to view information on the screen in portrait mode, you will need to install the Pivot Pro software included on the software and documentation CD. The position of the OSD menu can also be rotated to portrait mode. To rotate the OSD menu, access the OSD menu by pressing the Menu button on the front panel, select OSD Control, then select Rotate OSD (Source: page# 9 of the user guide).

I did check further and found on the HP website that there are drivers available only will Win8. Due to the lack of the software, it might be causing this to happen. You may check for the available drivers from this link

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, could you suplly that pivot pro software as i cant find that Cd anywhere?

And that OSD method does not work as theres no option in my settings called OSD

Many thanks

@MKazi

HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, could you suplly that pivot pro software as i cant find that Cd anywhere?

And that OSD method does not work as the option only rotates the OSD screen and not the actuall screen istelf?

Many thanks

@MKazi

HP Recommended

@H4444n

It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I hope this helps you understand what an OSD is: An on-screen display (OSD) is a control panel on a computer monitor or television screen that allows you to select viewing options and/or adjust components of the display, such as brightness, contrast, and horizontal and vertical positioning.

That said, Some HP flat-panel monitors have an Auto Pivot feature that allows for a portrait or landscape view.

When working properly, you grasp the edges of the monitor and rotate the monitor to a vertical or horizontal position. Shortly after the monitor screen has been rotated, the Windows desktop that is displayed on the monitor automatically rotates to fit the new screen orientation (horizontal or vertical).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.