Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L GT12-0036ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community!
I was trying to find an answer to my question on HP support but I didn't manage to find it.

I have an OMEN 25L GT12-0036ng with a WD Black SSD 500GB and a Toshiba HDD SATA 1TB. I was willing to replace the SSD with a Samsung EVO Plus 1TB but I'm wondering if there is any chance to move the original 500GB SSD to the second SSD slot and use it as a different disk. I'm not able to find the specifications of my MB so I don't know if it will accept two SSDs with different size (not paired in RAID configuration or similar, I just would like to have two separate SSD units plus the HDD).

The MB is a Dorado with Intel Z490 chipset.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just a quick update. Installed the new SSD (cloning the old one), and kept the old SSD on the other SSD. It works like a charm.

I had to change in the BIOS the settings from RAID (default) to AHCI (and boot windows in recovery mode for the first time after doing this) to allow windows to recognise correctly both SSD properties.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just a quick update. Installed the new SSD (cloning the old one), and kept the old SSD on the other SSD. It works like a charm.

I had to change in the BIOS the settings from RAID (default) to AHCI (and boot windows in recovery mode for the first time after doing this) to allow windows to recognise correctly both SSD properties.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.