Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite 410Y computer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Has anyone upgraded their Elite 2.0 usb to a pci e card that they know fits and has had great results with? If so, please advise a product line and purchase location. Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK. Is what you are asking for a recommendation of a PCIe adapter card that would give you USB 3.0 capability?

If that is the case then any of the following examples of PCIe x1 USB 3.0 adapter cards will give you what you are looking for. https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=m.2+pc...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It would help if you provided information on what type of PCIe card you are asking about.

That is a singularly important bit of information you left out in your description.

Without it, I doubt that anyone can accurately provide you with assistance.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
3.0 sub
HP Recommended
3.0 usb
HP Recommended
I am looking for a 3.0 USB plug in pci e card my computer only has 2.0 USB plug ins and I would like to upgrade by adding a 3.0 Pci e plug in circuit card. If that makes sense. I am not installer savy
HP Recommended

OK. Is what you are asking for a recommendation of a PCIe adapter card that would give you USB 3.0 capability?

If that is the case then any of the following examples of PCIe x1 USB 3.0 adapter cards will give you what you are looking for. https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=m.2+pc...

HP Recommended
I contacted newegg support which was very timely with there support technicians and gave me the right part to order. Thank you sir for your insight and help. It was greatly appreciated! Kudos
HP Recommended

You're welcome!

🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.