Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
550-153A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ran HP diagnostics Short Drive Self test and got a failure code of QC43TX-81V928-X87SMA-60RV03.  Other than a slow start up, I'm not seeing any other problems with the drive.  Anybody know what the code means?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

trust me thats nothing.  I worked on a dell laptop that the hard drive died in ONE DAY!!!!

Please remember to select the answer

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

This means your hard drive is starting to fail and you should backup your data and consider replacing the drive soon.

HP Recommended

Thanks for that.  I ran the test again and it passed this time.  Intermittent failures are a real pain!

HP Recommended

I would still consider creating a back up of your files to protect against a unexpected failure.

HP Recommended

Done it already but disappointed if it fails as it’s only two years old.

HP Recommended

trust me thats nothing.  I worked on a dell laptop that the hard drive died in ONE DAY!!!!

HP Recommended

Thank-you Dudefoxlive, I’ll keep an eye on it.

HP Recommended

One piece of software that is able to give you some info is Crystal Disk info.  It gives you all kinds of info including Drive health.

HP Recommended
That’s very useful, I’ll give it ago
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.