Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Slimline s5 1520l
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, I'm wondering if I could upgrade the video card of my Pavillion Slimline s5 1520l.

It came with a 270w PSU, the motherboard is Joshua H61 uATX.

If it can be upgraded, what's the best card to replace the Nvidia GT 620? Currently I'm planning to purchase an Nvidia GTX 750 Ti. Do I need to change my PSU too?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lygeus

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

As per your product specifications, you need the below information:

• Form factor: uATX 

And a power supply that's compliant with the above form factor.

I would request you check with the local tech to be sure you get what you pay for, considering upgrading PCs take a lot of time and efforts, I don't want you to go through what most do.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@lygeus

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need help in upgrading the graphics card,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check the compatibility of the part with your PC?

If you haven't, here's the link (Click here) to the preferred choice of graphics card and it looks like it requires the below:

Minimum System Power Requirement (W) - 300W

Which means you need to upgrade your Power supply along with the graphics card.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for answering,

I've been thinking that I may buy a GTX 1050 2GT Low Profile, (Link Here),

Do you have any suggestions for a Power Supply that fits with my case and fits the requirement for the video card aswell?

HP Recommended

Hi @lygeus,

I reviewed the post completely. As @Riddle_Decipher is out of office I am responding on his behalf. 

Please note that HP does not recommend upgrading either the operating system or the computer’s hardware as the components that were initially installed with the unit are certified by HP for optimal performance. However, as you are very technically inclined, I would still request you to consult a local technician like Best Buy or Staples before proceeding to upgrade the unit.

• So please contact a local Best Buy or Staples technician and perform the upgrade so that there are no compatibility issues with the Graphics card and power supply for your computer and everything works smoothly. 
  • Some points to remember: Please ensure that the power supply is a 300 W one.
  • Please ensure that the form factor of the graphics card matches the PCIe slot on the motherboard.
  • Also, ensure that the power supply connector matches the connector of the graphics card.
  • This should do the trick for you. Any 300 Watt Branded Power that matches the specs should work here. Please consult alocal technician before upgrading.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Any 300 Watt Power?

So, any PSUs will fit on my case? or do I need a specific size PSUs like Mini-ITX or TFX one?

The case is slimline by the way.

HP Recommended

@lygeus

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

As per your product specifications, you need the below information:

• Form factor: uATX 

And a power supply that's compliant with the above form factor.

I would request you check with the local tech to be sure you get what you pay for, considering upgrading PCs take a lot of time and efforts, I don't want you to go through what most do.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.