cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Nolan21
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

So I turn on my pc then when I go to shut it down it turn back on but the fans and lights are stilon

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So when I went I got my pc I turned it on set it all up and then I go to turn it off and then back on but it won’t turn on.so I go and turn off window fast start nothing changes and my fans and lights are still in the hole time. And I can’t turn it back on when I go to shut it off I have to unplug the power cord and plug it back in then it will turn on then when I turn it off and on again it still won’t turn on so idk what’s going on 

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,332 18,958 2,930 9,355
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nolan21 , welcome to the Community.

It sounds like this is the first setup of the computer.  If this is the situation, I suggest that you contact the seller.  If you bought it directly from HP Store you should contact HP Customer Support.

It sounds like a connection or component has been loosened in shipping.  Continuing to run it may cause further damage.  You should not have to work on a new computer.  New computers are supposed to be exciting!! 😉

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 13 52
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like the memory is loose. If memory has been upgraded and not put in correctly before shipping then it can shake loose as Oldgeekster says.  Usually when the fan stays on it's a hardware connection somewhere that is loose.  Where you doing any upgrades on drivers or bios in particular before it happened. The fan and lights can stay on if the bios has issues. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation