Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570-p022
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am have been unable to get HP Support Assistant to work on my desktop PC for over a month. I hoped the Windows 10 May update would fix it but it didn't. I've worked with support twice to no avail so I went to the HP Support - software and driver downloads to see if I could get my updates there. The page gives me "We were unable to retrieve the list of drivers for your product. Please select the desired operating system and select “Update” to try again".  Why is this happening and what can I do to correct it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I took the laptop to a computer repair shop and they were able to fix all of the problems I was having. They weren't sure what they did to fix this problem but one of the key things they found was an issue with Intel firmware. They also were able to get a BIOS update on that HPSA wasn't sjhowing.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the driver page for your PC's model series...When I click on the page using Microsoft Edge, I see all the required drivers listed.

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. When I paste that link into Edge, Firefox, or IE, I still get the message that it can't retrieve the list of drivers. Something is definitely fishy. That page can't retrieve the list of drivers, HP Support Assistant can't download the list of updates, and Windows Spotlight hasn't worked since I first got the PC. Is it possible that there is some kind of authority issue? Is there something wrong with my profile? This is all out of the scope of my knowledge.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All I can say is it works fine for me on Edge and IE 11.

What drivers do you need?

I'll post the direct links to them so you can get up and running.

HP Recommended

Since HP Support Assistant is not working, I don't know what is available or what I need, if anything. Nothing has been updated since applying the Windows 10 May update, which strikes me as odd.

HP Recommended

I just looked down the list of drivers and there is nothing new since 2017, except for the Intel graphics driver, which is from February of 2018.

With all the issues you are having, you may want to reinstall W10 after backing up any files you need to save.

That's what I'd be doing.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. I had a bugger of a time migrating my Windows 7 desktop to this PC, especially with Outlook and Microsoft Money, so I don't know if I want to go through that again. I was hoping that a Windows update would magically fix everything, which happened on my HP laptop.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sometimes the problems get carried over with updates.

The only easy things you can try if you have not done so already, would be to reset the Internet Explorer browser and the Edge browser.

That probably won't fix the support assistant issue though.

HP Recommended

I created a new profile on the PC with admin account type and was able to get HPSA to work right. It had six updates for my PC, including a BIOS update. I didn't check the drivers page and planned to apply the updates the next night. When I ran HPSA the next night with the new admin profile, I got the same error I was getting before so I didn't check the drivers page again.

HP Recommended
I took the laptop to a computer repair shop and they were able to fix all of the problems I was having. They weren't sure what they did to fix this problem but one of the key things they found was an issue with Intel firmware. They also were able to get a BIOS update on that HPSA wasn't sjhowing.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.