Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Vista Home Basic
Microsoft Windows Vista

Sould I Upgrade my Vista Service Pack 2? and do I need to or every time? because, when I go, to control panel I, go to System, it seys, Upgrade, Vista. If I can, if there is alot, or ? how do I turn, on auto Run, upgrades. If it is, Possable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

The upgrade within Windows Vista, Control Panel, System to Windows 7 will not happen.

Microsoft only offers Windows 10 now.

You might still be able to buy Windows 7 Pro  on the web. I have not checked lately. I purchased a few copies of Windows 7 Pro on Amazon in March 2017.

Again, your Windows Vista era PC may not work correctly if you upgrade to Windows 10. It should work fine on Windows 7.

Grzy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Not sure what you are referring to.

If you are asking about the Windows Upgrade to a different Operating System version option it will not longer work because Microsoft is not supporting Vista anymore.

The only upgrade Microsoft offers now is to Windows 10. You would have to purchase this version of Windows now.

Vista was not qualified for the free Windows 10 upgrade when it was available. Windows 10 may not work on your PC.

Grzy

HP Recommended

It is saying my next upgrade is Windows 7 is it still going to be okay with all the others BEFORE Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Hi

The upgrade within Windows Vista, Control Panel, System to Windows 7 will not happen.

Microsoft only offers Windows 10 now.

You might still be able to buy Windows 7 Pro  on the web. I have not checked lately. I purchased a few copies of Windows 7 Pro on Amazon in March 2017.

Again, your Windows Vista era PC may not work correctly if you upgrade to Windows 10. It should work fine on Windows 7.

Grzy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.