Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq 6300 Pro MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can GPU GTX1050 TI low profile be installed in the motherboard HP339A based on available Watt limits of slot PCI-E x16 ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The watts required is based on the power supply, not the slot since these higher powered cards also require a separate connection to the power supply.  Check the manufacturer specs for the brand of card in which you are interested and then verify that the power supply has the required connections.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Some older graphics cards, such as gtx 1050ti lp, doesn't need a power cable. This is why I am asking if the watt of the certain slot are enough. I know for fact that my psu provides the requirements for the gpu. I just wanted to know if I need an extra 8pin connector. @TheOldMan, thank you for answering.

HP Recommended

I looked at several manufacturers GTX 1050ti LP cards, but nowhere did I found an explanation of the specific question being asked.  Most manufacturer's manuals are general and just mention to install the extra power cable to the card during installation.

The GTX 1050ti  card I have, while not a LP, does require an extra 6-pin power lead.

About the only thing I can say, look at the card that you intend to buy and see if the extra power lead is required.  Or chat with a manufacturer' support team.

Keep in mind - the Compaq 6300 Pro MT is a business class PC and all of the listed graphics cards in the manual are not that type of card.  The graphics cards that the PC had listed a options are on page 42 of this manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04034127

I did not check all of those but the ones I looked at are rather less powerful and do not have the extra power supply connections.  Depending on the make /brand that you select for the GTX 1050ti  card, the GigaByte I checked on uses 75w and requires a 300w power supply, which your system is ready to handle. The PCIe slot 2.0 is supposed to be able to handle 75w thru the slot, but that is the limit and therefore the card might still require the 6-pin power connection.

That is why I suggested actually looking at the chosen card.  My guess is it will probably need the extra power connection.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.