Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EX900 M.2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I get some help that's not an automated service?  Especially when the one I keep getting referred to doesn't work well and won't connect me to anyone even when I can sludge through it?  Can I get help from ANYONE that works at this company?

It shouldn't be so hard to get some information or at least an admittance that I can't be helped and I should've heeded buyer beware.  I mean, I already had some disdain for HP products and I was hoping this was a chance I could be proven wrong. 

I don't need tech support because the drive is an M.2 drive and it doesn't appear in BIOS.  It is a bad drive, or it is magical SSD gremlins.  So either I need warranty approval, or denial; or a magical talisman.  Not this running around garbage.  If you yourself cannot help me, do not reply.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Before sending anything in for warranty work, get a USB adapter to hold the m.2 and see if another system can recognize the chip when you plug it in.  I got one that handled NVMe PCIe M-Key(B+M Key) .  ie: two different types.  You may have a Microsoft problem and not a hardware problem.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

This is on a new build, so the install is fresh.  What frustrated me is not only having to reinstall Windows, but having to buy a new KEY! 

Unless, of course, you're saying HP SSD's don't work with standard Windows 10.  Which would be weird in any reality.

But because I have an adapter and USB drive device already, pulling it up in Disk Partition pulls up the "fatal hardware device error." 

HP Recommended

Once windows 10 is activated m$oft remembers the key as it is digital.  Why a new key?  I am missing something here.  What system are you putting the chip it into?  If it is to take the place of the C drive then yes, a problem.  If to be a D then something else is happening like in legacy mode instead of AHCI or RAID.  I just got back on this forum after a long absence and have not read all the history.  i assume your system is in AHCI mode.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

It's a custom build.  It was originally my boot drive.  And I used it fine for a while, until it Blue Screened and then wouldn't boot.  Wasn't detected in the BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.