Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0072

I placed a case back on January 10th for my desktop because my screen had gotten broken, had no problems with this case other than I was confused as to why when I opened the case and I looked online to check the case it appeared to be closed before the case had been completed resolved.  So I am wondering how cases actually work on the system and why they are closed before they are completely resolved?

Also, I had just purchased this computer at the beginning of 2021 so it is brand new with no scratches on it and in this situation I received my computer back on the 26th with the stand/base completely sheared/broken off from the desktop with scratches and dings/nicks all in the metal of the base.

So I call immediately to support to open a case and waited for a response, then called back on the 27th as I had received no response.  The case was supposedly raised and I waited another 24 to 48 hours as they indicated and still no response.  So I called back today to have the case apparently raised again.  And to again be told to wait another 24 hours for a email or phone call regarding my case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@FromEC

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

The cases are closed usually when there is any hardware repair or part replacement on the case. However even if the cases are closed you can contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@FromEC

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with your HP Pavilion All-In-One. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for update on the case.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

My actual question was, Why are cases closed prior to them being completely resolved?

The rest was provided as back story to my issue.

HP Recommended

Hi@FromEC

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

The cases are closed usually when there is any hardware repair or part replacement on the case. However even if the cases are closed you can contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.