Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-105nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-105nl (2PT57EA#ABZ) support SSD M.2 with PCI Express x4 NVMe ?

Have I a specific slot to mount the SSD and do I need some other adjustments? (hardware, software)

Is the SSD bootable ?

HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-105nl (2PT57EA#ABZ) supporta gli SSD M.2 PCI Express x4 NVMe ?

C'è uno slot specifico dove collegare l'SSD ?  Sono necessari ulteriori interventi ? (hardware, software)

L'SSD è Bootabile ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@paolo8

Looks like it supports M.2 SATA III only because it shares SATA III controller as shown

Basswood motherboard top view

Source:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05634309

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@paolo8

Looks like it supports M.2 SATA III only because it shares SATA III controller as shown

Basswood motherboard top view

Source:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05634309

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So, if I mount an M.2 SSD, how much can I gain in speed?

SSD is 3 times faster than Hard Disk? (500 MB/s vs 200 MB/s ?)

Thanks

HP Recommended

Looking in HP support I noticed that both motherboards have M.2 SSD socket.

Basswood has AMD Promontory 2 Chipset,

Lubin has H270 Chipset.

In different desktops both motherboards can drive NVMe SSD. (for example Lubin in 570-p009nl, Basswood in 580-103ur)

So I ask if they support the same kind and speed of SSD, or if one is better than the other.

At last I ask if adding an SSD (what type?) and making it bootable is easy for everybody

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.