Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN Obelisk 875-0160
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Some 4 months into owning and using this machine the fan stopped spinning. It warns me about the damage that could occur if I run it without that fan. Is there a fix for this? If not, do you keep your data if you get it fixed under warranty?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Purrito Did you update the BIOS? (Click here to find and install the chipset & graphics card drivers along with the BIOS update)

Have you used the HP Omen controller to test the temperatures?

(As HP doesn't recommend using 3rd party tools/apps to check the temperature as it may not be accurate)

Could you share an image of the error? to understand this better.

While you check that out, I also would like to let you know that the fans don't have to run all the time,

It's as the system sees it fit, as per its requirement.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey thanks for this, the issue was simple as it was me being an idiot. I have my Omen Desktop and many other things plugged into a power strip, and that power strip was plugged halfway in, the only thing effected was that one fan, super weird

HP Recommended

@Purrito It's alright, don't be too hard on yourself, we've all been there, done that 😉

That said, if you need anything else, feel free to reach out to us, any time.

And If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.