Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TP01-0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since I have more money than sense, I rolled the dice and ordered the L05757-800 for this CPU. Let's recap the PC first, ERICA mother board Mini ITX, Proprietary Power supply 310w, from what i understand they have the 6+2 cable for the graphics card but the power supply is still too weak for a 1070. Ryzen 3700X (literally the only single reason i bought this), R 550 graphics card, m.2 SSD, 8GB single UDIMM 2666. I will receive the PSU and computer Friday hopefully not a ton of bloatware🙏, there will be pics of the motherboard and full install after. It bothers me a ton that there is zero diagrams of this board anywhere and zero relevant info for the most part. I will be booting checking for any issues first, then begin the tear-down. 1st install the new PSU, i might try and boot after the first step so that way if it fries everything I don't lose 32gb of RAM and a 1070. Then uninstall the r550 and single RAM stick, install the 1070, and RAM. Hopefully all this works. I suppose does anyone know if I can load the RAM profile in the BIOS to use the 3200 speed? Also does anyone see any Red Flag issues I'm missing? More than likely I will make a fairly decent YouTube vid of the whole experience, because this Powerhouse CPU computer is such a mystery.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have tested a number of HP desktops with a standard power meter (watt meter) connected between the computer and wall outlet. Most (normal) desktops of today (recent models with Ryzen or Intel CPU) draw in the range of 200 Watts with a dedicated graphics card with a single 6/8 power pin auxiliary power connector. I have tested up to GTX 1080 TI on a 350 Watt power supply. Yes, that is running on the very high edge of compatibility and not recommended. 

Since there are so many different brands of power supply on the market, graphics vendors often recommend much higher WATT minimum rating in order to ensure ample user requirements. HP and Dell power supplies are good quality and will perform well over a long period of time. 

As a rule of thumb (for myself) I do not run any system ram below 3000 MHz on Ryzen based systems. AMD loves fast ram.

The bottom line here is that the L05757-800 is a beast PSU and more than ample support for your lab project. But on the other hand so was the 310W ample.  The Ryzen 3700X and GTX 1070 pair I have tested in my own lab with great satisfaction. and Yes I did use 3200 speed RAM and allowed the system to default at 3K. 

Since you are using a stock configuration of case and motherboard as your foundation, I do not see any red flags regarding the proprietary case to motherboard connectors which in your build is moot, no such issue. The only caveat may be the size of the new psu vs the provision for the 310W dimensions. 

I look forward to your YouTube presentation 🙂 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I have tested a number of HP desktops with a standard power meter (watt meter) connected between the computer and wall outlet. Most (normal) desktops of today (recent models with Ryzen or Intel CPU) draw in the range of 200 Watts with a dedicated graphics card with a single 6/8 power pin auxiliary power connector. I have tested up to GTX 1080 TI on a 350 Watt power supply. Yes, that is running on the very high edge of compatibility and not recommended. 

Since there are so many different brands of power supply on the market, graphics vendors often recommend much higher WATT minimum rating in order to ensure ample user requirements. HP and Dell power supplies are good quality and will perform well over a long period of time. 

As a rule of thumb (for myself) I do not run any system ram below 3000 MHz on Ryzen based systems. AMD loves fast ram.

The bottom line here is that the L05757-800 is a beast PSU and more than ample support for your lab project. But on the other hand so was the 310W ample.  The Ryzen 3700X and GTX 1070 pair I have tested in my own lab with great satisfaction. and Yes I did use 3200 speed RAM and allowed the system to default at 3K. 

Since you are using a stock configuration of case and motherboard as your foundation, I do not see any red flags regarding the proprietary case to motherboard connectors which in your build is moot, no such issue. The only caveat may be the size of the new psu vs the provision for the 310W dimensions. 

I look forward to your YouTube presentation 🙂 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I know that the psu is right around the required wattage stock, i was still wanting to add a ssd or hard drive in the future/also a 3070 upgrade (RIP to the PCIE 3.0 limit), as far as the size it is my biggest concern, but I saw another user similar style with one screw in working and the dimensions appear close with this model being somewhat wider on the outside. So your saying it auto raised the speed for you but only to 3000 that's interesting were you able to increase it through a software or something to the original 3200? 

HP Recommended

@Jonathon33,

I would also like to see those internal photos,  Have sent you a PM.

You stated your board is the Erica, so it has an M.2 socket key M, but is only PCIe X 2.    The Erica2 is PCIe x 4.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I will for sure get those over to you, i don't quite follow the m.2 situation. I understand that there is two m.2 slots one for wifi the other for storage. There is also a pcie 3.0 expansion slot for the GPU. Are you saying there is a certain type of m.2 I have to use? 

(Edit) I think you were pointing out the speed difference saying im limited to 15 gb/s instead of 31gb/s, i am also interested i knowing do you need a separate power cable for adding a hdd/2.5 SSD.

HP Recommended

Did you use 1.2v ram or 1.35? 

HP Recommended

@Jonathon33,

Here is the HP PartSurfer, as shown.  The RAM is 1.2V.     key M (below) is NVMe device.

The Erica motherboard is M.2 socket 3, key M for SSD (PCIe x2)

The Erica2 motherboard is M.2 socket 3, key M for SSD (PCIe x4)

The PCIe M.2 SSD (NVMe) would only be able to operate at PCIe x2 (2-lane functionality) speeds within that motherboard. If you purchase a motherboard that supports PCIe x4 speeds, your x4-capable M.2 SSD should work as expected within that environment. Source.

SATA drive power is from a motherboard cable.  If the cable is not there (having (2) SATA 15 pin power plugs), it is listed on the HP Parts Surfer as L68308-001,  You can call and verify here.  Yes, I looked at the list, but when was it updated ?

The photo's you send unhappily were not the same quality as the link I sent you.  Blowing up the pics got fuzzy, as expected. I saw a  black 2x2 cable near the main 2x2 power header, (yellow/black wiring) but could not determine where it went ?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

1070 mini installed on stock power supply no adapters, ran through haven benchmark on ultra Temps around 73° C

20200925_163601.jpg

HP Recommended

@Wb2001

Yes the 2x2 is two SATA power cables, the disc drive uses a different sata power all of the coming from the motherboard, the only cables on the power supply are the two 4 pin, 1 L plug, and the 6x2 

The pictures lose a ton of quality, they were taken in 4032x2268 so they should be crystal clear.

The lart number on the PSU L63964-004 any other concerns and questions let me know.

Screenshot_20200925-231308_Gallery.jpg

HP Recommended

@jonathon33, @Wb2001, @SimonaStick

I just received mine yesterday evening(T01-0066). I have connected 2 monitors and a 32in Samsung tv. Afterwards I connected a USB Hub with a Dashcam/PC cam and turned it on, within 2-4 minutes. It just restarted for maybe 3-4 times during the first incident. I did the same thing two more times and the computer restarted with only one time each. I checked the RAM on task manager, it showed 5gb of ram was used. I don't know the reason, I am pointing towards RAM or PS issue, but can't justify it. Any input would be great. 

In the near future, I will be upgrading the ram to 16gb or 32gb. I would like to find out the right power supply for it as well. Since I want to upgrade the GPU to a 1660ti up to 2060 (recommended power supply 450w - 650w) at a later date.

I was thinking of retuning it for the Lenovo T540 since it just went on sale for 879.99Sale (Save $250), but looking at the description again, I noticed the power supply is also 310w and RAM could not be upgraded(stuck at 16gb).

If you could link me your DIY and part #, that would be greatly appreciated. I never really meddled much inside PCs, so noob noob here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.