Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion TG01-1160xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavillion TG01-1160xt with a 400w PSU and have two upgrade questions:|

1) I want to replace the graphics card with a Radeon RX 5700XT based card.  It's pretty big - 12" x 5.1" x 2.1" (30.5 x 13 x 5.4 Centimeter).  Will it fit in the Pavillion's case? ASUS recommends a 600w PSU for this card. Does this model use a proprietary PSU or can I use a standard ATX power supply? If it's proprietary, does a 600w PSU exist?

2) If I can't get a 600w ATX PSU for this machine because it uses a proprietary PSU, I've heard that there IS a 500w PSU available - so I could use a Radeon 5500XT-based card (450w). Does a 500w PSU for the TG01-1160xt exist?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am unsatisfied with this "gaming PC" that has no viable upgrade path for the PSU, thus limiting which graphics cards can be used. A "gaming PC" should have the option of a 500w or 600w PSU to power newer graphics cards. The unit I bought from you does not have these options and, in my opinion, is not a gaming PC. I was sold a computer under false pretenses.

I contacted Customer Support. Despite it being past the 30-day return window, they agreed to accept the PC return for a restocking fee... within five days from the day I called.

The actual gaming PC I ordered to replace this PV won't be here for weeks. I asked if I could return it once my new PC arrived; they said no.

I live with crippling depression and anxiety and am on Disability for these issues. The computer is my lifeline to the world during this pandemic; without one, I would be cut off from friends, family, my religious community, and my girlfriend. Your company gave me no other option than to return the PC and suffer alone for weeks or keep the PC.

I kept the PC. I will be wiping the SSD and selling it on eBay as an entry-level gaming PC with decent specs for modern games... but no upgrade path.

I am extremely unhappy with the deception of advertising the CTO-1180xt as a gaming PC and extremely unhappy with your lack of supporting your customers. I will be advising friends and family to AVOID all HP computers and related products.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PopeZaphod 

I can not find the specs of your unit.  What card do you presently have?

There is only one 500W, the L05757-800 HP proprietary designed PSU for your computer.  You are going to need to measure the rail slot. from inside edge at rear to the max you could safely insert.  Sometimes a stiff cardboard template is your best chance of accurate measurement.  Some cards can be shorter than 10 inches.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I am unsatisfied with this "gaming PC" that has no viable upgrade path for the PSU, thus limiting which graphics cards can be used. A "gaming PC" should have the option of a 500w or 600w PSU to power newer graphics cards. The unit I bought from you does not have these options and, in my opinion, is not a gaming PC. I was sold a computer under false pretenses.

I contacted Customer Support. Despite it being past the 30-day return window, they agreed to accept the PC return for a restocking fee... within five days from the day I called.

The actual gaming PC I ordered to replace this PV won't be here for weeks. I asked if I could return it once my new PC arrived; they said no.

I live with crippling depression and anxiety and am on Disability for these issues. The computer is my lifeline to the world during this pandemic; without one, I would be cut off from friends, family, my religious community, and my girlfriend. Your company gave me no other option than to return the PC and suffer alone for weeks or keep the PC.

I kept the PC. I will be wiping the SSD and selling it on eBay as an entry-level gaming PC with decent specs for modern games... but no upgrade path.

I am extremely unhappy with the deception of advertising the CTO-1180xt as a gaming PC and extremely unhappy with your lack of supporting your customers. I will be advising friends and family to AVOID all HP computers and related products.

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

@PopeZaphod,

Careful reading of the CTO specifications would have avoided this issue.

I am not am employee of HP.  I am a volunteer.  I do resent the implication I did not support your inquiry.

There is a 500W PSU available. That did meet your base inquiry.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.