Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 850-065se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I own an HP Envy Phoenix Desktop 850-065se "CTO" (custom to order model) and am trying to find out if it has a TPM (trusted platform module).

I've gone through the bios and it's pretty limited. 

I read TPM capable boards started shipping around 2007 and became commonplace in 2010.  I purchased this PC from HP directly in 2016. 

Furthermore, I can't tell if the Motherboard, a Pegatron Viking, has a TPM header to add an aftermarket one in the event it lacks one on board.

Any help would be super appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Thickaholic 

Your can check Device Manager for example

tpmd.png

If not 2.0 you MAY BE able to upgrade to 2.0 using

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05381064

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention in my original post that I have already checked the device manager and the security device's drop-down is not even listed.

That would mean I either do not have the TPM enabled in the bios or I the board simply doesn't have one at all, the latter being strange for the age of the board.

I've searched every section of the bios and have not had any luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.