Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
800 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Now that Windows 11 is being released I would love to be able to upgrade my 800 G1 SFF systems however they all need to have TPM (Trusted Platform Module`s) and it also needs to be TPM 2.0.
Are there any add-on cards that are available does anybody know?
Post edited to add that I now find that the processor is not compatible for new Windows 11.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Even if your PC had a TPM 2.0 device, they can't run W11 because the minimum processor requirements are much higher than any of the 800 G1's support.

In order to run W11, Intel PC's have to have an Intel 8th generation core processor, and the 800 G1's is only have 4th gen Intel core processors.

See the complete list of system requirements to run W11 at the link below...

Windows 11 requirements - What's new in Windows | Microsoft Docs

HP Recommended

Hi again:

I did find this document regarding hard and soft floor requirements, so we are just going to have to wait and see what happens when we actually try to upgrade older PC's to W11...

Compatibility for Windows 11- Compatibility Cookbook | Microsoft Docs

According to the above document, you may be able to upgrade to W11 as long as your PC meets the hard floor requirements.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the detailed info and links.

I would still love to purchase at least 1 TPM 2.0 add on so that I can perform a test.

What should i be looking for when searching for one of these?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately that I do not know.

A TPM is embedded in the motherboard, and I am not aware of any TPM 'cards' you can add to the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.