Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy Desktop TE01-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, all,

I just signed up with HP Support Community to say a heartfelt thanks to the expert users who shared their knowledge regarding upgrading the GPU and PSU on my new Envy Desktop TE01-0034, including @Grzwacz and particularly @Wb2001 with your highly useful spreadsheet.  Many thanks!

Like many a user, I bought an HP desktop planning to upgrade some of the parts.  My excuse is that a Microsoft Win 10 update rendered my old computer unbootable for a couple of weeks.  I needed to be on the internet (don't we all?) and so a couple of days later, I hurried over to the local Best Buy and bought me a TE01-0034.  Little suspecting. 

Anyway, long story short, a half hour ago I finished installing (1) the 500W HP PSU L05757-800 (arrived four days from ordering), (2) a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super, (3) latest driver for (2).  The PSU is much bigger than the 180W PSU the desktop came with, but it just barely fits the case, no room to spare.  The GPU I installed is a EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Super Black Gaming Video Card from Newegg https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-gtx-1660-super-06g-p4-1061-kr/p/N82E16814487484 , which arrived two days after ordering.  It is a single fan solution, just 7.5 inches long, but 2.75 slot widths thick.  Fits great in the x16 PCIe slot.  I don't game, so the additions of PSU and GPU have not increased the sound of the computer noticeably.  It runs whisper quiet as before, and I am typing this on the newly upgraded desktop.  The only hardware I had ever upgraded before RAM (from 16 to 32 GB) on my old computer.  Next steps with the Envy are replacing or adding an SSD, and upping RAM from 16 to 32. 

Anyway I signed up to say thanks for your replies to superblazer and others, and to give Wb2001 another data point for his spreadsheet. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MantraMusic,

You were incognito, reading the forum, and gaining knowledge. (From what I can determine).  You then took the time to register to express your thoughts on  how "Superblazer" was assisted.   That was extremely thoughtful ! 😀😊

I am over whelmed with joy that you shared insights on your HP TE01-0034 upgrade.  We (volunteers) on the forum strive to answer questions.  @Grzwacz  is very adept, and I value his assistance.  Yes, I will add your accomplishment (the upgraded components) to my spreadsheet.  That spreadsheet was originally a single page.  After months of additions, I had to separate it.

@superblazerwas very through and descriptive with his inquiry.  It always help !

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MantraMusic,

You were incognito, reading the forum, and gaining knowledge. (From what I can determine).  You then took the time to register to express your thoughts on  how "Superblazer" was assisted.   That was extremely thoughtful ! 😀😊

I am over whelmed with joy that you shared insights on your HP TE01-0034 upgrade.  We (volunteers) on the forum strive to answer questions.  @Grzwacz  is very adept, and I value his assistance.  Yes, I will add your accomplishment (the upgraded components) to my spreadsheet.  That spreadsheet was originally a single page.  After months of additions, I had to separate it.

@superblazerwas very through and descriptive with his inquiry.  It always help !

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Wb2001 ,

I had a little mental lapse in writing my previous post, and skipped the connection between your helping superblazer and my learning the constraints for upgrading my TE01-0034, in the part where I said "Anyway, long story short ...".  Yes, you are right: I spent at least a couple of weekends to learn the limits and options of upgrading, and reading this forum while incognito was a large part of that, which enabled me to find a compatible PSU. 

One of the two reasons for my registering and posting, was to specifically thank you for (indirectly) helping me with the upgrade process, by your posts assisting superblazer and others with the very same issue as mine, and your PSU-GPU spreadsheet that you shared, which were super helpful to me.  In my mind, I thought that was what I did in my previous post, but I see now that it came off as a non-sequitur and more of a general appreciation for your helping superblazer LOL.  [The other reason for my post was of course to provide you and TE01-0034 users with another data point.]  So, my thanks to you 😊😊 for the info that helped me resolve my issue.  And kudos to you and the rest of the volunteers who assist a lot of HP owners directly and I am sure even more owners indirectly. 

Thanks also to @superblazer for posting informative images related to his/her 400W PSU upgrade, which were also helpful.  The 500W PSU comes with both a 6+2 pin cable (which I plugged into the new GPU) and a 6-pin cable. 

HP Recommended

@MantraMusic,

I have added the data you gave me to the spreadsheet. Much appreciated.  Knew the L05757-800 had a PCIE 6+2,  but never know about the extra 6 pin.  Thank you.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.