Enob
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

The Western Digital drive in my HP 24-g000 All-in-One fails a WD estended test

HP Recommended
24-g000 All-in-One Y0Z99EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My all-in-one has become very slow. I have run a Western Digital diagnostics extended test. This finds bad sectors but cannot repair them, and advises that the disk should be replaced. I bought the PC in May 2017 and I thought WD disks were guaranteed for 5 years, is this wrong? 

1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,890 4,824 534 2,087
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
If you buy a hard drive alone, it does not have the same warranty, it can indeed be 5 years or more!
Only if you buy a complete computer, which is not manufactured to your wishes, from a major manufacturer, here HP, you have a guarantee for the whole, so 1 or two years depending on the country.
Unfortunately therefore, I am afraid that you cannot make the manufacturer's warranty work on this disc, you can always try to contact them, but I doubt it !!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-24-g000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/10734619/model/14978047...

Finding Warranty Information

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation