Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 860-180st CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There's no manual for my Motherboard below.  It has 5 SATA slots per the linked picture.  Anyone know which ones are disabled by M.2 use?  This would really help me out!  Trying to get this drive (Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe Internal SSD, up to 2000MB/s - CT1000P1SSD8but I have SATA drives in use already, so I want to ensure I plug them into the non-disabled ports. 

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Thimphu | HP® Customer Support

• Manufacturer name: Pegatron
  • HP/Compaq name: Thimphu
  • SSID: 2B4B

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
why the SAta ports were they disabled?
I've never heard of this ...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

It was my understanding that if an M.2 drive was used (regardless if it is NVMe or SATA) 1 to 2 SATA ports will be disabled on a given  motherboard. In regards to the motherboard I posted below, I’m not sure if it’s specific ports or just ports not used. It’s all over google if you search m.2 drive disables SATA. I just wish I had a manual to show which ports if this is the case. It has to do with PCIe and SATA sharing lanes or whatever 

HP Recommended

I haven't searched yet!
i am using a pc with an m2 and two hard drives connected, plus the dvd player, i cannot test all the locations, but it seems unlikely to me ..
This type of manual will not be found here
Find the compatible m2 already, that will already be a good thing!

[edit]

and if you see this :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-phoenix-860-100-desktop-pc-series/8667927/model/8675047...

First Hard Drive

Second Hard Drive

Third Hard Drive

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

there would be the possibility of a maximum of three hard drive

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yeah I’d really like to get one but I have 3 SATA drives. I need to know what ports to use I guess?

HP Recommended

as i told you, there is no information about it here!
Afterwards if you have the discs and don't need to buy them, you just have to try!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.