Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible somehow, to get Thunderbolt3 on a HP Z840 to work ?

I just bought the new Universal Audio Apollo x6 audio interface for my Z840 and now I realize it coult be a problem connecting the two units, because the Apollo x6 only connects with a  Thunderbolt3 and my Z840 "MAYBE" only upgrades to Thunderbolt2 acording to the QuickSpecs via the HP Thunderbolt™-2 PCIe 1-port I/O Card* Y Y F3F43AA

Please help, is there any workaround for my problem, I really want' to get that "Apollo x6" up and running with my Z840

Is there anyone that can help? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Radar80 , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the workstation.  On Page 18 is a diagram of the system/motherboard with labels.  I have done a lot of research and can't come up with any solution that appears to work for your situation.  My only suggestion would be to contact Universal Audio's Tech Support to see if they have any ideas on what may work.  Also, you could contact one of the Thunderbolt adapter card manufacturers to see what they have to say.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.