Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 360

I have an HP Envy Laptop. Not sure of the specific Envy it is (I understand there isn't just one model?). When I hit Escape and Fn at the same time it tells me that that serial number is: [edited].  I bought my laptop brand new from Best Buy about two years ago. It has had a couple problems that are inconvenient since then so I can't say I'm super duper pleased with it, but it's not the worst computer I've used. The particular problem I am trying to solve at the moment is the issue of my touchpad. The only way to navigate my computer at the moment is by touching the screen or using my adjacent mouse. My touchpad is completely dysfunctional. It won't even wake up my computer. As a student, this is very inconvenient as sometimes I just need to be able to use my computer quickly and in a place where an adjacent mouse isn't practical. The touchpad has stopped working in the past. Once or twice I had my dad get it working again because he is more computer savvy than I am. This time, I decided to look up "why my HP Envy 360 touchpad isn't working" on Google. I found this support forum and followed a link that helped me find touchpad drivers for my computer using its serial number. My touchpad started working and I thought that was the end of it. This was maybe two days ago, if not less than that. Now, it is not working again and I don't know what to do. When I was downloading the driver I was led to, it said I had downloaded an older version of one of the drivers and that I should uninstall it and reactivate the newer one. I haven't the faintest idea as to how to do that. I tried talking to the virtual agent but found it fairly unhelpful. I didn't know all of the terms used or how to find the locations of some of the applications.  I was able to check for Windows Updates and I found I had one needing to be installed so I installed it. It restarted my computer and updated it, but my touchpad is still not working. The top left corner of the Touchpad doesn't click. My computer is operating on Windows 10. I managed to find "mouse properties" as well and what I assumed was a list of all of the drivers on my computer. I don't know what a driver is or what it does, I just know it fixes the computer sometimes. There was no "additional settings" or whatever was supposed to be there on the mouse settings I found. The last thing the virtual agent told me was to force close my computer. I don't know my specific Envy model, so I didn't know if I needed to follow any of the special exceptions they had. I really need my touchpad fixed asap; please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Isparkle
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This seems to be a driver issue

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

The HPSA will automatically look for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also, ensure Windows 10 is up to date

Select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & Security   > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.