grape8pe
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Touchsmart 600-1120 GPU Upgrade

HP Recommended
Touchsmart 600-1120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to upgrade/add a GPU to my Touchsmart 600-1120.  The motherboard itself (IMPIP-M5) has a MXM slot, but it was unoccupied from the factory.  I purchased a GT 230M (HP P/N 594506-001) and GPU heatsink through eBay and tried installing them.  When booting, the screen cycles between a gray screen, RGB screen, the blank blue screen.  When I remove the MXM card, the computer boots as it should.  I've explored the BIOS settings and couldn't find anything pertaining to a GPU.  BIOS version is 1.03. Any suggestions?  

PS - This post (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktops-Archive-Read-Only/Upgrade-the-MXM-video-card-on-HP-TouchSmart...) seems to have a similar problem but a resolution was never posted in the forum.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation