Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a new Windows 10 computer.  Before shutting down my old Windows 7 desktop, I was instructed to use Windows Easy Transfer and put my files on a USB drive.   After setting up my new Windows 10 computer, I'm now told that Windows 10 no longer uses Easy Transfer (how nice of them to tell you AFTER the fact).  Now I don't know what to do.  I have a USB drive with the Easy Transfer files but I don't know how to get them onto my Windows 10 computer - help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Linkylaw

>>>>  how nice of them to tell you AFTER the fact.

Well, They should make software compatible for at least 5 generations. From Windows 7 to Windows 10 is only 3 (well 4 including 8.1) generations. You can start over again, please try the following ways

https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/transfer-files-windows-10/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.