Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
dual m.2 nvme pcie adapter
Linux

I have a dual m.2 nvme pcie adapter that is supposed to enable (2) m.2 nvme drives in (1) pcie slot. It is a L32771-001. I AM using (2) identical Crucial 1TB drives, but only (1) appears on the system. Since the drives are identical, I'm not sure which drive it is. 

I inserted the boot drive as drive 1, and the data drive as drive 2. Both drives operate correctly in single m.2 nvme pcie adapters. Just not in the dual adapter. I wasn't able to boot, so not much info.

If the adapter uses a Linux kernel module and/or firmware blob:

Is the Linux  module for this board included in the 5.1 kernel?

Is the firmware included in the firmware-linux package (stock firmware for use with the Linux kernel)? 

If so, what is the name of each?

If not, from where may they be obtained?

Any other clues and hints are greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@awesomehm14 , welcome back to the Community.

I suggest that you contact the manufacturer's Tech Support for the adapter.  They are the experts on their products and should be able to help you solve your problem.  It is unlikely that it is a HP component causing the problem.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I stated the part # in the op. Maybe I should have prefaced it with 'HP'. Instead, I wrote "It is a". So, since this is an hp board, and it should be assumed that questions are related to hp products, maybe I assumed too much. Perhaps you could just read the OP, make note of the part #, and then answer my question. Because the problem is most certainly caused by an hp product.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.