Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 200 G1 microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to increase memory but much confusion on HP and chip makers website. My computer memory slot says DDR3 1.5volt std. A-tech sent me a 4gb ddr3l 1600 MHz PC3L 12800 2R x 8 non-ecc so-dimm which didn't work and I had them send me the same memory only it was 1.5v and it didn't work either. The computer would not boot with either of these. I also had a chip the same as the 1.35 volt from Crucial and it didn't work. I found one site that said only a 1333 mhz would work, and another site said if a third party memory stick did not work, then order from HP.  NOTE:  HP manual says a 1.35 volt is used, Crucial website says a 1.35volt is used, and A-Tech  website says either a 1.35 volt or 1.5 volt may be used, but the chip socket is marked ddr3 1.5 v std. I found another site that said the same voltage etc. must be used in both slots, but the memory in  slot 1 of the computer is not marked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lonnie21 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

Install this app, it will tell you the specs, including the voltage, of the current memory:  https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lonnie21 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

Install this app, it will tell you the specs, including the voltage, of the current memory:  https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
  • My computer still won't boot up with a DDR3 1333mhz PC3 10600 2Rx8 1.5 v non-ecc SO_DIMM memory stick which is what is called out in the HP support assistant app that I used. This is the 3rd type of memory that didn't work. HP site says sometimes 3rd party memory sticks may not work and the memory needs to be purchased from HP. The memory in the computer is marked. Elpida 1333MHz and the slot is marked DDR3 1.5V std.  I did the CPUid  memory tab and it says the following for memory; DDR3  dual 4gbytes , dram frequency 666.7mhz., FSB Dram 1.8, Latency 9.0 clock, cycle time 24 clock, command rate 1T     Under the tab SPD it says: DDR3L PC312800 (800 mhz) Elpida 1.35 v It gives a part number for the elpida memory that is in slot #1, do I need to order this and from whom?
HP Recommended

That CPUid app worked great, It not only gave the memory specifics, it even gave the part number which I was able to quickly find on the internet.  I wish I would have been made aware about that app sooner, I had already tried 4 different memory types that were recommended  by 2 websites selling memory. Memory upgrade problem solved. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.