Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pro-desk G4 400 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have  just bought a reconditioned Pro-desk G4 400 MT running win 10 (64-Bit) and a new MSI Geforce GTX 1050 Ti  graphics card which I have been trying to fit.  Unsuccessfully so far !  Have been searching on line for solutions -- when I came across this thread... 

Replacement 310watt Power Supply HP Prodesk G4 400 MiniTower"

on here.

Which appears to answer the question, thou i'm still having trouble.

I have same problem,  but regarding the solution I have a few questions :-  How did you get it to work;  white or black slot; did you have to alter any BIOS setting in order for the card to be recognised ?

Any help or further information would be appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The card goes in the black slot.  That is the PCIe x16 slot.

The white slot that looks exactly the same is a PCIe x 4 slot.

When you install a graphics card that is not from HP and not included as a supported card in your PC's model series, you need to go into the BIOS, enable legacy mode and disable secure boot.

You can see this link for more information regarding the BIOS settings. 

Your BIOS setup may look different, but those are the settings you need to change.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The card goes in the black slot.  That is the PCIe x16 slot.

The white slot that looks exactly the same is a PCIe x 4 slot.

When you install a graphics card that is not from HP and not included as a supported card in your PC's model series, you need to go into the BIOS, enable legacy mode and disable secure boot.

You can see this link for more information regarding the BIOS settings. 

Your BIOS setup may look different, but those are the settings you need to change.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200/

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul for your quick response...

I will try that later and let you know how I get on.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Thanks again Paul,

Graphic card fitted and working fine 😀.

Benchmark results before:-  Gaming 18%  Desktop 74%  Workstation 43%

results after :-   Gaming 41%  Desktop 78%  Workstation 47%

So very happy -- Result

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.