Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (160 Views)

Trying to Upgrade Memory in Omni all in one

Product Name: HP OMni 120 All in one
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to add more memory to my Omni. It can hold up to 8GB. It currently has 4. 

The installed momory is an 4.0GB Samsung PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz SO-DIMM 200 Pin SO-DIMM

I can only find this in a 204 pin.

I tried going through Crucial and bought the memory they recomended but when I install it, it crashes the system. Remove it and all is well. I really want to get aother Samsung memory so I have EXACTLY what is already in it but can only find a 204 Pin.  this image is what is currently in my computer. Any help will be appreciated. 

Omni memory.jpg

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 5 (130 Views)

Re: Trying to Upgrade Memory in Omni all in one

You can order one just like that off of Amazon.com

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (120 Views)

No, I've already been on Amazon. They only have a 204 PIN. My computer needs a 200 PIN.  I need to find a 200 PIN or maybe the 204 will work?  When I researched it, it doesn't appear that it will.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 5 (102 Views)

@Tyler7

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. :) I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you would like to add more memory to your HP Omni 120 All in one PC. You had installed a 4GB Samsung memory module and the PC crashed. 

I request you to let me know the exact model no. of your PC. There are different models that fall under the HP Omni 120 All in one PC series family. This link will help you locate the exact model no. of the PC: http://hp.care/2bygf7l.

Meanwhile, you may refer to this document regarding upgrading the RAM: http://hp.care/2icbYUq.

I will wait for your response. Cheers! :)

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (99 Views)

I think I have the issue solved. The manual for the HP Omni All-in-one  Model No 120-1024 has a typo. The PIN is a 204, not a 200 which is what I have been looking for and trying to install. I think there are a few other errors in the manual. A friend of mine took it apart and discovered the error in the manual. I think we now have what we need  on order. Thanks for your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation