Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The description of the motherboard (Lubin) indicates the availability of M.2 socket for an SSD with M key.

The chosen SSD is an M.2 2280 Western Digital Green of 480 Gb (WDS480G2G0B) which is claimed to be compatible with most systems... However I could not find any option in the BIOS to enable the M.2 socket hence the disk is not visible by Windows.

The BIOS is referenced 82F2 vF.20 and dated 11/01/2017.

Thank you to anyone who may have a solution !

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@FDeborgies , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reaction !

Here is the product number: 1ZP50EA#ABF

Checking further in the various documents, I noticed that the M.2 socket is M keyed so pointing towards NVMe.

But I need to be sure before purchasing such SSD.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @FDeborgies!

Here is a guide that will explain the M.2 sockets and keys: https://www.atpinc.com/blog/what-is-m.2-M-B-BM-key-socket-3

The key M can be used for SATA or NVMe.  However, I believe you are correct that HP uses them for NVMe.  The problem is, HP doesn't give us much more than the very minimum of information.

HP Recommended
I knew about the website you indicated and indeed it is very helpful. The problem relates certainly to the very minimalistic information provided by HP and also the fact that the M key is no guarantee for NVMe ! Though looking for an M.2 SSD most SATA (if not all ?) have both B and M keys while the NVMe are M key only. As I have already tried the SATA option with the WD Green and no succes, I will now purchase an NVMe SSD hoping that it will do... Thank you for your feedback anyway !
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @FDeborgies.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.