Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to upgrade HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p033w

HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p033w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to upgrade this computer with a new graphics card and a new power supply, but no matter where I look I cannot find the maximum wattage that the Lubin style mother board, ssid: 82f2, can handle. Can anyone assist me in this?

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
21047 20719 2338 7816
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to upgrade HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p033w

@Zanthyos , welcome to the forum.

I don't believe that there is a maximum power limit on the motherboard.  The power supply unit (PSU) doesn't push any power to the motherboard, instead, the motherboard draws the power that it requires from the PSU to allow it to run properly.  I normally recommend the amount of wattage that the manufacturer recommends for the video card, say 400W, plus 100W to 150W depending on the other components.  This means that the PSU won't be running at peak power all of the time.

I suggest that you measure the space provided for the PSU and compare those measurements to the one that you choose.  I like Corsair or Seasonic.  Seasonic manufacturers their own PSU's and Corsair buys many of their models from Seasonic.  Another thing to consider is, a modular PSU is best for a mid-size case because you only use the cables that are absolutely necessary.  The PSU is not the place to try to save money.  It is the heart of the system.  All of the components require stable, clean, power.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K (OC'd to 5.2 GHz); 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation