Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

The issue is with my friends computer (which I'm borrowing) so I don't know the specs/details of the computer, but the monitor turned off while I was using it, then the computer was running for a while. After like 20 minutes, the computer calmed down and I thought it stopped doing what it was doing, but the monitor didn't turn back on. So I held the power button down and turned it off. When I turned it back on, the power button turned turned red and it beeped 5 times. I don't know what to do. Did I break my friends computer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is something wrong with the memory.

Here is a general troubleshooting guide for how to troubleshoot the beep code errors...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01516072

See appendix  A, page 58 for how to troubleshoot the 5 beep code error...

HP Recommended

Actually sorry, I think I miscounted the beeps. There are 6 beeps.

HP Recommended

Look at the same page for how to troubleshoot the 6 beep code error.

Something is wrong with the video card or onboard graphics, or the motherboard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.