Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have recently been trying to upgrade my BIOS since my last updated BIOS is dated 2016. However I cannot upgrade even when I downloaded the required drivers. Request an HP official to guide my step by step. 
P.S. I tried to update it through both the BIOS update client for Windows and th BIOS itself. Client said BIOS update was unsupported which was weird since I got the driver after they recommended it after detecting my PC model and BIOS method requires ethernet connection which can't be arranged.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update: Whenever I run HP Client Recovery and Support it displays an error saying bios files are corrupt or missing. I have McAfee installed and it doesn't seem that my computer has ever been infected.

HP Recommended

Checking the support page for the BIOS, I found the latest to be this:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-prodesk-600-g2-small-form-factor-pc/76...

The install instructions are listed as:

1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).

2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

You might want to disable McAfee until the update has finished, in case it is causing problems.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.