Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0013nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0013nl, I bought a sound card to connect to PCIe X 1 but for weeks, with Creative assistance, I have been trying to understand why the pc refuses to install the drivers and operate the sound card. Checking in the bad Bios (worse than those of 20 years ago) and I can't find the choice of integrated sound card or connected to PCIe X1 or to choose between integrated video card (which never worked) or the pre-installed video card (that is still working).

I am really angry because it is evident that these options have been chosen and blocked by HP, what should I do? throw the motherboard and buy a new one hoping that it fits in the case with non-standard sizes or throw the € 90 sound card?

I want answers from those who design these PCs and not from "experts" who advise me to update the drivers, I can figure it out by myself !! I want answers from HP technicians as they are the only ones who don't have a section for asking questions only to them. For now my opinion with HP is very bad. I await concrete answers

The Bad PC: https://support.hp.com/it-it/document/c06079407 

Bad MotherboardBad Motherboard

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AndreaDp , welcome back to the Community.

This is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.

The reason the Integrated Video has never worked is when a discrete video card is installed the Integrated Video is automatically disabled.  This is the same with a sound card:

Note:
Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.

This is the reason for having no entries for this in the BIOS/UEFI to disable the Integrated Video and Sound.

I have seen instances where Creative's Sound Cards were not compatible with HP motherboards.  What is the model of your Sound Card?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Creative Sound Blaster Z

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @AndreaDp!

I can see no reason that your Soundblaster shouldn't be compatible with the HP motherboard.  I reviewed the system requirements for the card and the HP system is above any of the requirements.  However, if Creative's Tech Support couldn't solve your problem there has to be a problem with the compatibility.  I believe that it may be a compatibility problem with Windows 10 latest update.  Here is the latest download page for the Soundblaster: https://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=1005&prodID=21402&prodNam...

I suggest that you make certain the latest software provided by Creative is installed.  Otherwise, I am not certain what can be done.

HP Recommended

the last version of creative softwere is just installed

HP Recommended

@AndreaDp 

Let me know if this makes any difference.  If not, I simply don't know what else can be done.  Creative is the expert on their products.  If they can't solve the problem, you may have to try another sound card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.