Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6-2330
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion P6-2330 I love the case but would like to up grade the mother board to a Gigabyte B450 Aorus.  Are the mounting holes in the Jasmin board in the same location as the Gigabyte B450?  Can I mount the B450 to the case.  I love how the c/d drive, USB, and microphone and headphone are on the front.  Do they use industry standard cord ends or something unique to HP for connecting to the mother board.  For instance does the C/D drive use a standard sita connection to the motherboard.  I know I will lose all my software and I plan on upgrading the power supply and CPU to the Ryzen 7 3700X.  But I love the case design.  Any thoughts on adding fans?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@soccer313 , welcome to the Community.

This is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.

It is very difficult to answer your questions because your computer is 8 years old.  HP has their motherboards and other components made to their specifications.  Therefore, the hole spacing and other connectors may not work with a newer motherboard.  You can choose a manufacturer and contact the Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@soccer313 , welcome to the Community.

This is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.

It is very difficult to answer your questions because your computer is 8 years old.  HP has their motherboards and other components made to their specifications.  Therefore, the hole spacing and other connectors may not work with a newer motherboard.  You can choose a manufacturer and contact the Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.