Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
8100 Elite Minitower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there anyway to obtain all updated drivers for an 8100 Elite Minitower? I do not have the money to buy a newer PC but would like to get updates for BIOS, processors, and whatever else is necessary. 

I looked under driver updates but this site said no longer supported. Don't know much about these types of updates, so if anyone has a reply, please KISS(keep it simple for stupid people). Don't really seem to be having any noticable problems but would like to keep it as up to date as possible- security updates, efficiency improvements, etc.

Thanks, Larry

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Larry:

The HP 8100 Elite CMT model series was not supported by HP for W10, so whatever drivers W10 installed are probably the latest ones.

The last BIOS update released for your PC was version 1.13, which can be found under the W7 driver section of the support page.

The only driver I can think of that you may be able to update would be the audio driver if you download the latest one directly from the Realtek website.

Accept the agreement.  Download and install the Windows 64 bit driver and restart the PC.

PC Audio Codecs > High Definition Audio Codecs Software - REALTEK

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I have the Realtek audio drivers because I use the PreSonus Studio One 5 DAW. I'll check for the others. I wasn't aware that Windows auto-intalled drivers. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.