1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Updating graphics card

HP Recommended
Hp Z820 .v1.0 motherboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Gudday chaps .. still want to keep life in my hp z820 .. presently has an amd firepro v7900 and infortunatly no vulkan api...ect.. question.. can I replace with amd radeon pro wx3200 4gb desktop card instead... I think in theory they use the same principle of using the pcie x3 ports for power..if this is possible .what bios is version is needed for this card  to work.. I have read something about disable secure boot to run legacy... not sure if this applies to hpz820 ...would love to keep some life in the old girl..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
itsmyname
Level 8
2,009 1,996 75 210
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Witto -- I have read something about disable secure boot to run legacy... not sure if this applies to hpz820

While that information probably is correct, it is not relevant to your plan to change the video-adapter.

So, in this case, just ignore that information.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
itsmyname
Level 8
2,009 1,996 75 210
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Witto -- I have read something about disable secure boot to run legacy... not sure if this applies to hpz820

While that information probably is correct, it is not relevant to your plan to change the video-adapter.

So, in this case, just ignore that information.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation