Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p111
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So the motherboard should be compatible with some of the ryzens.

But will the bios support it ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @letsthrowq.

Here are the processors that are supported by HP and the motherboard:

TDP: 65 W
Socket type: AM4
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor                                                                                  TDP                            Integrated Graphics
AMD A12-9800 (Bristol Ridge) 3.8 GHz Quad Core  65 W                           Radeon R7
AMD A10-9700 (Bristol Ridge) 3.5 GHz Quad Core  65 W                           Radeon R7
AMD A8-9600 (Bristol Ridge) 3.1 GHz Quad Core     65 W                           Radeon R7

As you can see, the newer processors are not listed.  This means that if you try them and they don't work it is your responsibility.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@letsthrowq, welcome back to the forum.

There are letters associated with the model, such as, nc, nf, nt or no.  Once I have this information, I will able to answer your question better.

HP Recommended

This is the pc: http://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c05278837

It has nc signature.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @letsthrowq.

Here are the processors that are supported by HP and the motherboard:

TDP: 65 W
Socket type: AM4
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor                                                                                  TDP                            Integrated Graphics
AMD A12-9800 (Bristol Ridge) 3.8 GHz Quad Core  65 W                           Radeon R7
AMD A10-9700 (Bristol Ridge) 3.5 GHz Quad Core  65 W                           Radeon R7
AMD A8-9600 (Bristol Ridge) 3.1 GHz Quad Core     65 W                           Radeon R7

As you can see, the newer processors are not listed.  This means that if you try them and they don't work it is your responsibility.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.