cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
MRAllinone
Level 2
21 8 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgarde to ssd worth it?

HP Recommended
hp pavillion touch all in one 22-3152 1tb hdd 8gb Ram, AMD A6 6310
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a solid state drive out there , (type), m.2, 2.5? That is compatable with unit,and is it worth the investment to do this? will it make much difference? I Only stream a lot , no hi tech gaming involved. Currently,the amd grapchicsis laggy w the streams, and thats hard wired, i kno its a dated pc but its just a spare unit i use from time to time was wondering if the ssd is a option worth doing. Thank You Much in Advance for any sugestiions. Its much much appreciated. The mother board is a petagron? a15 i believe. I hope ive provided enough info and specs to help the suggestion. Ive upgraded my newer all in one envy intel celeron g4900 2.9ghz w 8gb Ram, along with 1tb they dovetail nicely and the system is a bit peppeir with m.2 ssd 250gb from Crucial , so wondering if same will apply for my older all in one. 

1 REPLY 1
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 10,235 1,776 4,547
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MRAllinone,

Your unit.      Upgrade and Service Guide.

If you told me that you know how to migrate/clone to a storage device, then I would agree. I am suggesting a 2.5" storage device, size 500GB, either an SSD or mechanical drive.  Both are WD devices.  Now you need an external USB dock that can handle 2.5 and 3.5 drives.

After you clone the drive, you need to swap them out. You will need laptop screws. Any local mom/pop repair/service store will have them.  Once the two screws on the cabinet are removed, take a plastic putty knife and working left to right, back and forth, pry the 2 shells apart. I find inserting plastic dinner knifes a nice way to keep it apart as you work your way around. Some find better luck with the DVD drive area as a starting point.  When you get it opened, look at the mating surface of the hard drive to the motherboard connector.  It is flush fit.   The physical hard drive is mounted in a carrier, held down by only one screw.  The carrier will slide way with a  level  tug. Pulling upward might bend /crack the mating surface.  You will need to slide the smaller drive into the power/data ports, and then slide the carrier onto it. Hopefully you can get a screw(s) to secure. The drive MUST be flush with the mating surface. Likely you will need thin washers to assist.  You will note that the drive mounted BOTTOM up.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation