Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0372ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought the mentioned system. This includes a Nvidia 2060 Super, 1 TB SSD. I have installed additionally 2 HDD (4 TB 1 TB).

During normal usage the system shut down and the fan starts to blow very strong (before no loud fan noise). 

I have to press the cold restart button and the system boot normal. 

I have checked on NVIdia and several other sides and the recommendation for the GPU is a minimum of 550W. My Pavillion has 400W power supply.

I have re-installed WIN10 and all driver and FW are on actual releases.

Now my questions:

- Any ideas about the possible reason of the shut downs?

- Does the community agree to my understanding that the power suppply with 400W is the reason for the shut downs?

- What bigger power supplly can fit into the HP chassis? I have ordered a BeQuite pure power 11 750W  unit but this doesn´t fit. I guess this is HP special form.

HP Support only suggest to send in the PC (for 3 weeks) but I´m afraid that this will not solve the issue... Cause they don´t upgrade the power supply.

Thanks in advance !

Keie

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Keie,

A very excellent configuration, having a 1TB M.2 NVMe system drive, as shown here.

Was the 2x2 header HDD power cable with the unit?  If not, how did you power the HDD's.

You may have a valid point on the PSU, as the TG01-0500nd, shown here, has the RTX 2060 Super, and has the 500W PSU. Compare you unit side-by-side. I am linking my spreadsheet project.  Study it.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi Wb2001,

thanks for your prompt reply.

The power cable for the 2 additional HDD´s are already avaiable at the PSU. So no problem for that. 

Even HP promote the options to extend the system with 2 HDD´s, it seems the power is not sufficient.

When I study your spreadsheet, it seems that all 2060 super are delivered with a 500W power supply.

Unfortunately my config not.

Now the problem is to get a working solution from HP. They offer me to send in the unit for a check but I expect that they

confirm the system as "ok" and send it back with the same PSU. Then a never ending story start ;-(

To avoid this my idea was to buy a 3rd party PSU and done ....

BUT, HP is not using standards.

Now I´m locking for a PSU that fits in my system. Any clue? 

HP Support mentioned L05757-800 but this is not avaiable in Germany and I´m not 100% sure if this is fine...

Keie

HP Recommended

@Keie,

The power for any hard drive comes from a cable on the motherboard, not the PSU.  The HDD power header on the motherboard is a black 2x2 (square) socket.  I do not know of any HDD power lead on the PSU.

As for the L05757-800, that is what you need. I would contact HP.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.