Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6234it
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Translated with Google Translate.
Hi everyone, I have a problem with the RAM that I recently installed, I would say only a visual problem. My Narra6 motherboard, in the BIOS, does not display the installed RAM (2x8Gb DDR3), apart from this the PC presents no problems, as the OS sees them perfectly. I was wondering if it existed in some corner, an update for the BIOS (since it is still in 2009), I searched far and wide on the whole network but I didn't find anything that suited me.
I leave my specifications here, and thank you in advance.

Motherboard: Pegatron M2N68-LA (Narra6)
BIOS: Amercan Megatrend Inc.
BIOS Version: 5.11 - AMD AGESA V. 3.5.3.1 (10/06/2009)
PC: HP Desktop Pavilion p6234it

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That the BIOS does not recognize memory modules is generally because an owner installed memory that was not guaranteed to be compatible or even mixed up brands of modules on a motherboard. 

There will be no updates for a motherboard that belongs to a desktop PC that was marketed almost ten years ago. Unfortunately, motherboard  BIOS products, and that includes all manufacturers, do not get updates forever.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I'm here again, with another problem.
To be clear, this is my motherboard: https://support.hp.com/it-it/product/hp-pavilion-p6200-desktop-pc-series/3999459/model/4072363/docum...

As written in the features, I updated the CPU, referring to the list of supported processors.
I installed an AMD Phenom II X4 955 (Deneb), and that's where the problem arises. When it starts up, it tells me that the processor is not supported and then automatically turns off after a few seconds. If, on startup, I press F2, we say that it skips that step (or error message) and then starts normally.
But I can't every time stand there and press the keys at startup to get around the error. So I'm here to beg you to find a BIOS update file. I have tried various files, but they all give error, yet in theory my motherboard should at least get to version 5.13 of the BIOS, while I am now at 5.11 of 2009.

Or there is no alternative to solve this problem, I also tried to delete the CMOS configuration, but without success.
I thank you and apologize for the continuous request.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.