Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade the CPU on my HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-0xx because it isn't compatible with Windows 11. Does anyone know what CPU I can upgrade to if I have an 82F1 1.01 motherboard. 

Thank you in advance,

BigDyl

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BigDyl2003 , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response,

The product number is: 2BV30EA#ABU

Thank you look forward to your reply.

HP Recommended

Hello
wait for the return of @old_geekster  it may tell you more about windows 11
meanwhile sorry, but hp only indicates this

HP Pavilion Power 580-000na Desktop PC Product Specifications

Intel Core i5-7400

Processor upgrade information

• TDP: Up to 65 W
  • Socket type: LGA 1151
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor
TDP
Integrated Graphics
Intel Core i7-7700 (Kabylake) 3.6 GHz Quad Core
65 W
Intel HD Graphics 630
Intel Core i5-7400 (Kabylake) 3.0 GHz Quad Core
65 W
Intel HD Graphics 630

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your reply!

Even the i7 doesn't support windows 11 maybe it is time for an upgrade lol! I will wait for old geekster just in case

Thanks again,

HP Recommended

@BigDyl2003 

The only thing that I have to add is, it is a bit early to begin looking at components for Win 11.  MS has not actually stated the final component requirements.  If they get enough complaints from their customers they may loosen their requirements.  We will have to play the waiting game.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.