Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy TE01-019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade GPU to Radeon GTX770 or better.

My system is I5-9400 @2.9 Ghx, 12 GB Ram, 63 bit, with Intel HD 630, with 150 watt PSU..

Can this be upgraded?

What do I need?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

that PSU is gutless wonder.  a 1 fan  GTX1650 is best, or GTX1050 send choice

the rules are simple.

• with gutless PSU only 75watt  max card run, (may, only trying proves the pudding)
  • must fit the x16 slot and not hit things, for sure 3fan GPU card love to hit thing , using RULER works.
  • most not overload the x16 slot as some cheap OEM PCs do,  no names, I'm  mummmmmm
  • must be supported by w10 ,all above are. all Nvidia series 700 up do.
  • must not use secure boot or the card can fail. easy, for sure newer PCs. for sure 2020 PC's new. and newer with UEFI class v3. horror. (avoid v3 like plague if a gamer) I turn off secure boot, and all my dells and Hp all run any card I have, even brand new GTX1650 run on all PCs I touch, (lots) this card is TURING class and is love at first play. try it.
  • this card runs if not the 100w version used, "extreme versions no" 75watt maybe versions, no PSU aux jack is 75watt card in all cases of any card made. (PCI-e rules)
NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

75watts for card and 75watt for PC remainder.

a very hard row to hoe..

2d will work and boot but 3D may fail,  even BSOD.

as you can see this is no gaming PC at all, for sure lacking PSU upgrades.

RTX cards this PC PSU will flat refuse to  turn on. power overload max , in 1second flat (ATX spec or less time)

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.